How COOL is this?! I was given a really neat award today by fellow Tuesdays With Dorie blogger, Laura of She's Cookin' Now! I said it on her blog, and I will say it here: this really is a shot in the arm to a hack like me! I still am trying to figure out how the heck to upload a photo in the right spot on this blogspot thing, so really--this is wild!
As a humble recipient, I shall pass on to five other blogs that are worthy...I have a few in mind--and not all are "Tuesdays With Dorie" baking blogs (is that ok? I think it is...hope I don't blow it and have the award rescinded!? How shameful that would be!)
1. Moores of the Blue House: This is the other blog of my college housemate Cathy (of The Tortefeasor). Run, don't walk to this one for tons more genuine, real, and amusing musings of our pal, her adoring husband, and her three kiddos. (I personally recommend the Ice Cream post, and the Publix post!)
2.Matt's Kitchen : My new-found fellow TV fan on this TWD community-the guy had me at the Flying Nun post, gotta say--and Martha sealed the deal as we both are fans of Everyday Food! I know I will enjoy visiting Matt's Kitchen often!
3. Magic Sprinkles: Her name is Lisa, so I have to say her comment this week kinda jumped out at me (as if I had an unusual name?? yes, I still say to "Lisa"s that I meet "wow, that's my name too!" as if it was some odd occurance...) Anyway, she had very nice things to say about my post-then I went to her blog and saw she made flippin' Ding Dongs this week with the TWD recipe...did you hear me? DING DONGS! God I love those! (she even had the Hostess filling recipe!) Love that! And for a Daring Baker's challenge, she lived the name of the club and posted a video of her tossing pizza dough--so for that alone--let alone all the great recipes and writing--she gets an award!
And now, for two "non-baker" awards...
4. My Mom Genes: Funny how the internet brings people together--when I was getting married, I was on "The Knot" (wedding planning site, with message boards on all sorts of subjects. They also had local boards for looking for advice about local vendors/etc) I posted on the local board mostly--and found it enjoyable to keep up w/ the banter (which really was about everything else BUT the wedding--celebrity gossip, what's for lunch/dinner/etc, clothes, fashion--and of course wedding photo sharing) Then I got married, and graduated to "The Nest" where I still hung out on the local board where everyone else migrated after their wedding. There were some really funny characters and it was a fun diversion to peep in and see what people were posting about. Well The Nest changed their layout/format, we all hated it, so we 'defected' to make our own private message board on another website. So anyway, 2 gals on this local "not-so-newlywed" board have a blog called My Mom Genes that they tag-team write together. And although I have not gotten there yet with the whole "parenthood" life, I just like their open and honest posts about it--and that all is not perfect, but it is that imperfection that you still find happy, honest, and unforgetful moments. And they remind moms that hey, it's ok, you won't have it all figured out--no one really does, so relax and enjoy the ride that goes by all to fast.
5. And this gem..Wry Toast. What else could a baker love than a blog with "toast" in the title? I dont' know how he'd feel about the attention of an award, and I'm not even sure that I'll tell him right away...I may wait and see if he reads my blog and finds it first--but trust me, he is an amazing "wryter"...He has been MIA lately, but delve into "archives" and poke around--there are some fabulous posts. He lives up to the title and more with the "wry" humor, and he will keep you coming back for more..I assure you. (oh and he writes haikus a lot, which I used to LOVE to do...in fact, I may steal that from him and do a "bake-ku" every once in awhile!)
So there you have it, some favorite blogs o' mine!
*Here's the scoop on the award, and its rules--but I wont turn you in if you don't play--- no need to feel the burden of a 'chain letter', but if you do, be sure to mention the origin of the award (details below!)
- "This award was created in Uruguay by a fellow blogger who makes dolls exclusively from recycled materials. Her blog can be reached by clicking here.
- Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
- Advertise name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone
Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
- Award-winner and the one who has given the prize to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
- Share these rules."